7 Tips for your security
by Philip Dao, Dipl.-Psych., Berlin
1. Be vigilant to your environment; Use your common sense and your intuition to assess a situation.
2. If someone tests your self-confidence, do not let him intimidate you, show yourself unimpressed and self-confident.
3. If someone is loud and aggressive, keep a safe distance; Do not provoke, de-escalate the situation.
4. In case of a robbery, hand over your valuables. Nothing is as valuable as your health and your life.
5. If you witness aggression against others, seek third-party support before you interfere.
6. If the perpetrator uses violence against you, if possible, escape to a safe place and call for help.
7. If flight is impossible, shout out loudly, strike back if necessary; Defend yourself by all necessary means.